Thursday, February 3, 2011

Entry #4: Tremors!

Took me nearly all day to piece this together before I could write it.

It starts off with breakfast.  I'm in my apartment having French Toast Crunch.  Epic already, I know.  Hold on to your seats.  Kevin comes out of his room and goes for a bowl.  Everything is normal so far.  We shoot the shit about random stuff.  Then Steve breaks down the main door screaming.  "LET'S GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"

I'm fucking hungry apparently, because I want to keep eating.  Kevin doesn't seem to be paying attention to Steve, and Steve is jumping up and down flailing his arms screaming "WE NEED TO GO!  WE NEED TO GO!"

I finish my delicious bowl of cereal and ask him what's up.  He said something about protests.  I don't remember what.  So we leave the apartment, step outside, and we're in fucking Cairo.  Goddamn you media stations for getting into my brain, because now I'm part of the Egypt protests in my dreams.

I look over at Steve, and now he's posterboard Muslim.  Turban, beard and all.  He grabs a sign and runs off into the crowd.  I'm confused, and all I can think about right now is how much I want a glass of milk.  I look over at Kevin and he has his guitar and starts playing "Whats my name again" by Blink 182.  A couple of people throw coins at his feet.

There's a whole bunch of chanting going on when the ground starts to shake.  Earthquake?  Stampede?  Both seem like viable options, BUT NO!  FUCKING TREMORS!  Yeah, that's right, tremors, the movie.  The underground worm things.  They start poking up EVERYWHERE and DEVOURING PEOPLE.  I'm like OH FUCK!  So Kevin and I climb the side of a nearby building like goddamn Spiderman, where we conveniently find two poles, and we start pole vaulting across rooftops.  We're looking down and the ground is all tore up and these tremors are devouring people left and right.

I'm freaking out, because I still want that glass of milk.  There are apparently other people pole vaulting across rooftops, and then there's one guy, who we will from here on call Rocket Man, who JETPACKS OUT OF A BUILDING WINDOW and flies up to the rooftops.  Yes, this guy has a jetpack.

At this point I actually believe I'm dreaming.  I say this to Kevin and Rocket Man, and they laugh at me and call me a banana (I .. have no idea).  I jump off the building to where all the tremors are.  I break my legs and lay there.  A tremor senses me and starts going for me.

Then I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment